Sunday, November 18, 2007

Bon mots from Meredith

Sometimes we forget how truly funny Meredith is. Here are some recent gems Derek has been 'reminding' me to write here:

Meredith asked me one night, "Winnie the Pooh isn't real, is he?" "No," I said. "Why do you think that?" "Because he's never been to our house." (Now you know: our house is the arbiter of all things real! Visit soon!)

We're really into Winnie the Pooh right now, so much so that one night when I was folding laundry, Mer offered to help me "because it would be much more cheerful together." What a sweetie!

On the song "Behind Blue Eyes" by the Who (a great rock song), which includes the line, "No one knows what it's like to be the bad man, to be the sad man, behind blue eyes": Meredith confided to me, out of the blue, that "he's saying that no one knows what it's like to be Batman, which makes sense since Batman isn't real." "That's a good point," I said.

-JRR

No comments: