Sunday, October 7, 2007

bar news

Good news, loyal readers: I passed the bar exam!

The letter finally arrived yesterday. I took the bar 2 1/2 months ago, and had managed to not be too anxious about it until about two weeks ago. But since then it's just been interminable. Derek was even having anxiety dreams that I didn't pass it, or that he didn't pass it. (He did not, of course, take it, but I appreciate the implicit solidarity.) But I did pass, and will be sworn as a Minnesota lawyer at the end of the month. This has been a long journey, and it's pretty exciting to have only a formality left.

Mer was a little confused, but I told her that I "won" the bar - she's very into winning and losing right now - and then she was really excited. I'm glad it's not in fact a winning thing, though. I hope all my friends and classmates did what they had to do and passed.

3 comments:

Kayt said...

Congrats Jen!

The Mattson's said...

Congratulations on your huge accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jen!